Children, Youth & Family
We believe all kids are beautifully made in the image of God. With that in mind, we want Faith Covenant to be a place where our kids from birth through graduation can experience God’s love in a real way, have a safe place to discover who God is, and grow in their relationships with Jesus. Our FaithKids and 116 Student (Youth) Ministries are a great time to have fun, connect, play games, and worship as we explore God’s Word and grow in relationships with God and other kids—as well as expand their heart for the world around them. And we get to be there for the hard things, too–the places when life gets tough. We get to be a family of families, a family of grace.
We get to show up in the lives our kids, at every stage, in every season. We get to love our kids. We get to be their cheerleaders. Their safe places. Their advocates. We get to be a vehicle for God’s grace and love in their lives.
We partner with families by offering age-specific programming, inter-generational worship opportunities, and opportunities to equip both parents and children with necessary skills and practices to live out their faith in the real world.
Parents, we desire to serve you in various ways. We’ll definitely create environments that are warm, welcome, safe, and secure for your kids when they come to worship with us. We’ll work to encourage their wonder about God, and the passion behind following him. We’ll teach them about the Bible and God’s special love for them.
But we also believe whole-heartedly that you are more influential in their spiritual journey than we are. So our ministry wants to adopt the Home Depot method of spiritual development: You can do it; we can help. We are here to link arms with you, provide resources and opportunities, and love you in your difficult journey as a parent.
Additionally, the Children and Youth Ministry Teams wants to be available to you for your questions and comments. If there is any way that we can serve you as a parent, a peer, or a friend, please let us know.
- Vicki Newendorp | Director of Children’s Ministry | email@example.com
- Nick Madsen | Director of Youth Ministry and Outreach | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lynn Nunn | Children’s and Student Ministries Administrative Assistant | email@example.com
- Shelly Brinkmann | Early Childhood/Children’s Support Staff| firstname.lastname@example.org
(Birth – Grade 4)
Click here to check out our FaithKids Programs
Other helpful info…
Our most recent parent letter: February 2017 letter
Our spring Children’s ministry calendar: winter spring 17
Online registration for Galactic Starveyors Camp (VBS): click here
116 (Grades 5 – 12)
For kids checking out our youth ministry…
There are a few suggestions we would make if you are hoping to join us for the first time:
- Acknowledge that it’s a little scary to try something new like this. Will they like me? Will they accept me? These are questions that every kid asks the first time they try something new – you are not alone. Know that we work hard to make new people feel welcome, and we look forward to meeting you.
- The best thing you can do is come with a friend. Experiencing new things with familiar people helps a lot. If you’re coming for the first time, bring someone with you if you can. You will be glad you did.
- Hang in there for at least three weeks. One mistake new people make is trying it once and evaluating their whole experience on that. If you give yourself time to meet some people and see how things really work, it will pay off big time.
- Meet with one of our youth staff to learn more. We want to meet you! Please call us at 952.890.3110 and we’ll help you get connected…because we want you here!