What’s Exciting to Pastor Brad This Month?
Posted on Nov 9, 2017 in Faith Updates
Sometimes I have to remind myself you don’t get to see all I see on a weekly basis at our church. Day in and day out the apprentices of Jesus who call Faith home are doing far more than we can think or imagine! So, sit back and take a second with me to praise God for the items below knowing I’m not even scratching the surface of all God is doing in our midst!
Pastor Brad’s excited about…
- The 15-18 people discovering their giftedness for ministry through the S.H.A.P.E. class taught by Kevin Stirtz on Sunday mornings.
- The new unity being discovered in our youth ministry as new small groups are being formed.
- The joy I feel when a teenager tells me she wants to go into the ministry when she grows up.
- The great success of year 2 of our Harvest Fest in reaching out to our neighbors and their children.
- The 3rd graders who will be presented with Bibles this Sunday during our service.
- The 4th and 5th graders discovering their identity in Christ through Club 45 this fall.
- All the men I see growing in our Resolute Men’s Ministry on Wednesday nights.
- All the women I see growing in our Tuesday morning and Wednesday night Women’s Ministry classes.
- The 23 people being trained to launch the Alpha Course this January for skeptics and new believers.
- The beauty of Faith Covenant folks tutoring Somali kids through the Homework Helpers ministry.
- The devotion I see by those forming our disciple-making and prayer-growing ministries.
- All the new faces I’m seeing on Sunday mornings.
- All the Faith Covenant people involved in Community Bible Study on Monday nights.
- All the small groups meeting in and outside our building every week.
- The preparations I see happening in the Legacy Chapel for the Operation Christmas Child drop-off week.
- The anticipation I have for the Celebrate the Child Bring-a-Friend Event with actor Curt Cloninger on Dec. 3rd.
- The great progress and positive attitude our congregation is displaying as we join together to refresh the interior of our building in Phase 1 of the Transform Capital Campaign.
Faith, I’ve never worked at a church where such a high percentage of people are involved in growing and serving opportunities! Job well done! God is taking us deeper as we make disciples of Jesus who make disciples of Jesus. God is taking us to an even deeper understanding of His love, grace, and faithfulness, and it is so exciting to see!
Here’s What’s Happening at Faith
Operation Christmas Child Shoe Box Donations
Operation Christmas Child uses gift-filled shoeboxes to demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way to children in need around the world. Every shoebox is a powerful tool that transforms the lives of children and their families through the Good News of Jesus! You can help by donating a filled box, praying, or volunteering in the processing/shipping of these gifts. Filled shoe-boxes need to be returned by Sunday, November 12.
Thanksgiving Eve Worship Service
Please join us on Thanksgiving Eve, Wednesday, November 22 at 6:30pm, as we usher in another holiday season by focusing our hearts and our minds on Jesus Christ, our source of joy and peace amidst the hustle and bustle of life. Come as you are and be encouraged as we pause to remember that true peace and gratitude come as we set our minds on things above. Plan to stay and enjoy a cookie and fellowship after the service.
Celebrate the Child Bring-a-Friend Event
What better way to begin the Advent season than by gathering together to hear the story of Christmas in a fresh, powerful way? Come to national actor/writer/comedian Curt Cloninger as he brings his one hour Christmas show, Celebrate the Child, to our church, Sunday, December 3 at 6:30pm. This family-friendly event is sure to bring laughter, reflection, and perhaps a tear as Curt intersperses the story amidst familiar Christmas carols. This is an excellent bring-a-friend event! Tickets are $10/adult, and $5 for children (children 4 and under are free), and will be for sale in the lobby starting this Sunday, November 12.
MOMS Baking & Christmas Bake Sale Fundraiser
Please join us for Sugar Time Baking to support the M.O.M.S.upcoming bake sale (on Sunday, December 3). You bring your recipes and special ingredients and basic supplies are provided: brown/white sugar, flour, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Sign up for a baking session by contacting Kathryn via email or by calling 952.890.5072. Dates are: Nov. 14 and 27 from 10am-2pm; and Nov. 16 from 10am-4pm. Groups can reserve an alternate time by contacting MOMS. Our popular Lefse and Krumkake are available for pre-orders at $6.00/package each. Please call the MOMS office or email Jenny. These make wonderful holiday gifts.
A Christmas Gathering Invitation
A Christmas Gathering is an wonderful opportunity to bring women together for a time of warm fellowship and light food, sharing of Christmas traditions, and a non-threatening presentation of the meaning of Christmas. More than any other time of year, people are open to spiritual discussions. A Christmas Gathering, held Wednesday, December 6 at 6:30pm, is a wonderful outreach to family, friends, and neighbors; as you invite them to share an enjoyable evening of holiday joy and hear about the greatest Christmas gift of all. RSVP by Monday, December 4 to Ellen if childcare is needed.